Sellack is a scattered village and parish possessing much beautiful scenery, being on the borders of the river Wye in Herefordshire
Apart from the many attractions of Sellack, there is a flourishing agricultural economy in the surrounding areas. Beef and dairy cattle are kept on farms of all sizes, from small family units with just a few head, to larger commercialised dairy herds.
Whatever the size of your herd, the risk of cattle lameness affecting their yield and well being is the same. That is why many farmers in the Sellack area call in NJB Hoofcare for:Photo from Featured Project near Sellack
Training and CPD
Training is available at varying levels on group or individual basis. You can choose a one or two day Herdsman level or a full, four day Professional level course. The locations are flexible, either on your own farm or with a host farm that can accommodate a number of attendees.
The course contents include:
- Basic anatomy of the hoof
- Anatomy of the lower leg and its effect on the foot
- Causes of lameness in cattle
- Common infectious and non-infectious conditions of the foot
- Trimming techniques
- Practical sessions with cadaver feet
- Routine prevention trimming
- Cattle welfare and handling while trimming
For details of training events in your area, including course fees, simply click in the header of any page to send us an email.