Caerphilly is well known for these attractions: Castle Cheese making and the Castell Coch folly as well as a museum.
Apart from the many attractions of Caerphilly, there is a flourishing agricultural economy in the surrounding areas. Beef and dairy cattle are kept on farms of all sizes, from small family units with just a few head, to larger commercialised dairy herds.
Whatever the size of your herd, the risk of cattle lameness affecting their yield and well being is the same. That is why many farmers in the Caerphilly area call in NJB Hoofcare for:Photo from Featured Project near Caerphilly
Training Courses and CPD
Training icourses are available at varying levels on group or individual basis. You can choose a one or two day Herdsman level course or a full, four day Professional level course. The locations are flexible, either on your own farm or with a host farm that can accommodate a number of attendees.
The course contents include:
- Basic anatomy of the hoof
- Anatomy of the lower leg and its effect on the foot
- Causes of lameness in cattle
- Common infectious and non-infectious conditions of the foot
- Trimming techniques
- Practical sessions with cadaver feet
- Routine prevention trimming
- Cattle welfare and handling while trimming
For details of hoofcare training courses in your area, including course fees, simply click in the header of any page to send us an email.